Hi, I'm O'Hanrahan. I live in Virginia, USA. I am a proud conservative father, husband and business owner. This blog and the opinions expressed herein have been developed utilizing years of societal observation, dealing with people from all walks of life and learning what I believe and what is important along the way. My aim in creating this blog is to write and explore a variety of topics, including:
- Politics & current events, both in & out of my home state of Virginia, especially concentrating conservative politics and how the leftstream media, certain politicians and radical leftist ideologues push forth their dishonest practices and hypocrisy... But I'm a straight shooter. I call BS on both sides.
- Shooting. I'm a fan of handguns and high-powered rifles and all of the cool toys, the safe, responsible ownership and use of them and the tactics and training that go along with the ownership and use of them. I'm a strong proponent of the Second Amendment and a person's right to defend themselves from death or serious bodily harm
- Tech. I'm a fan of all things Apple & despise Windows (even though I'm forced to use it)
- Anything Irish, including music, Guinness, movies, whiskey, Guinness and St. Patrick's Day. Did I mention Guinness?
- Motorcycle riding. I own an American bike, but am appreciative of many different types of 2-wheeled horses. I ride to relax and escape. It's my therapy, along with writing.
- Social norms, morays & bugaboos
- Movies, TV and other entertainment that strikes me fancy
- Sports generally, and in particular, NFL Football, MLB Baseball and, at times, NCAA/NBA and NHL
- Common sense, or the lack thereof, in the modern era
- Life Observations
Regardless, I hope to get some readership and keep it interesting. A few words of warning: I'm sarcastic. If it sounds snarky, it probably is. I'm opinionated. I call bullshit when I see it, over and over if necessary. And I'm very often right, hence the name of the blog (also the conservative political leanings). While that statement may seem brash, I only say this because of what life experience has taught me. Most of the time, people think I'm wrong. Then, perhaps months or years later, I'm proven correct. My favorite pod caster, Adam Carolla suffers from this affliction as well. Kindred spirits, perhaps!
I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I'll enjoy writing it! Slainte!